Beer / Liquor / Wine Licenses
The City Clerk's office, under authority of the Common Council, issues annual beer, liquor, wine, operator (bartender), and temporary picnic licenses.
The license year runs from July 1 through June 30; renewal applications are sent to current license holders in April. Temporary picnic licenses are issued for a limited period only.
Bartender (Operator) License
Issued to individuals responsible for selling/serving alcohol beverages. Read more.
"Class A" Liquor License
For sale of intoxicating liquor in original packages or containers for off-premises consumption only.
Class "A" Beer License
For sale of beer in original packages or containers for off-premises consumption only.
"Class B" Liquor License
For sale of intoxicating liquor by the glass for on-premises consumption, and in the original package or container in multiples not to exceed four liters at any one time to be consumed off the premises where sold.
Class "B" Beer License
For sale of beer for on-premises or off-premises consumption.
"Class C" Wine License
For sale of wine by the glass or in an opened original container for consumption on the premises where sold.
Temporary Class "B" Beer or "Class B" Wine (Picnic) License
For sale of fermented malt beverages or wine at a particular picnic or similar gathering of limited duration. Issued only to bona fide clubs, to fair associations or agricultural societies, to churches, lodges, veterans' posts, chambers of commerce or similar civic or trade organizations or societies that have been in existence for at least six months.
Qualified organizations may obtain not more than two temporary "Class B" wine licenses in any 12-month period. There is no limit in a calendar year on the number of temporary Class "B" beer licenses.
Temporary Extension of Licensed Premises
The Common Council may grant approval to a license holder to temporarily extend the licensed premises for a special event. Here is the application form. Please apply at least four weeks prior to the event.
- "Class A" and "Class B" Liquor Licenses: Annual fee is $500.00, plus publication fee ($8/new application, $8/renewal application)
- Class "A" Beer License: Annual fee is $150.00, plus publication fee ($8/new application, $8/renewal application)
- Class "B" Beer License: Annual fee is $100.00, plus publication fee ($8/new application, $8/renewal application)
- "Class C" Wine License: Annual fee is $100.00, plus publication fee ($8/new application, $8/renewal application)
- Temporary Picnic Licenses: The fee for either license is $10. An applicant may obtain both types of picnic licenses for the same $10 fee. A rush processing fee of $10 is applied when temporary beer/wine/operator license applications are submitted less than 3 full business days prior to an event, excluding the event day.
- Temporary extension of licensed premises: $50 per request.
For more information please contact the City Clerk's Office at (414) 479-8921. | Email