Property Maintenance Section
The Property Maintenance Section came into existence through the recommendation of a citizen's task force, following the advice of the mayor and other city officials. The primary focus is on preservation of property values relating to aesthetics by maintaining all properties and signs in a condition that reflects a quality community.
This is no easy task, as what may be aesthetically pleasing to some may not be to others. In addition, problem sites may take over a year for compliance if court action is required. Throughout the entire year, the Property Maintenance Inspector receives and investigates complaints and obtains compliance through the issuance of orders, and if needed, through the issuance of citations. Duties include:
Property Maintenance Complaint Form
- Providing information to residents on maintaining their property.
- Enforcing the City Property Maintenance Code, Sign Code and Fence Code.
- Conducting preliminary sign reviews for proposed projects.
- Performing on-site inspections to insure compliance with codes and ordinances.
- Maintaining records and conditions of properties.
- Preparing comprehensive summaries for aldermanic and administrative review.
- Obtaining compliance through personal contact, written notices and legal due process.
- Representing the City in court proceedings relevant to citations issued.
Complete and submit the Property Maintenance Form
(a login is required).
View a status report
of submitted complaint forms.
For more information, please contact the city's Code Enforcement Officer Joe Tillmann
at (414) 479-8981. | Email