Recycling Collection Service
- Recycling is collected every other week on your assigned collection day.
- Put your recycling in the recycling container, which has a yellow lid.
- We don't pick up items outside of the container.
- If you have excess recycling:
- Please keep in mind that we do not collect items that are placed outside the cart. If you have items that will not fit in your cart, please consider using our fee-based special pick up service or take the items to the drop-off center, or hold them for your next pick-up.
You can recycle a lot of different things. Learn what you can recycle
. As a reminder, don't recycle it until it's clean!
For more information, please contact the Department of Public Works Operations Division at (414) 471-8422. | Email
Household Battery Recycling
We collect and recycle certain batteries:
- Zinc Carbon
- Nickel Cadmium (NiCd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
- Lithium Primary
- Mercury Batteries
- Silver Oxide
- Button Cells
- Lead Acid – Non-Spillable
- Small Electronics (cell phones, iPods, tablets, power tools, etc.)
You can find recycling containers at:
- City Hall by the Clerk’s Office
- City Hall outside the Lower Civic Center
- Public Works Building