Traffic & Electrical Superintendent
11100 W. Walnut Rd.
Ph: (414) 471-8423
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Traffic and Electrical Division is responsible for all repairs and maintenance for:
- 6,050 street light poles and fixtures
- 47 street lighting electrical substations
- 175 alley lights
- 39 signalized intersections
- 19 flasher-controlled intersections
- 11,800 traffic control and informational signs
- Hart Park, Police Department, 3 Fire Stations, Public Works Building
- All underground cables associated with the street lights and traffic signals listed above
The section performs much of the electrical work needed at city-owned facilities. They handle traffic control for large events, such as the Fourth of July Parade and temporary signage for street detours and 90-day sign trials.
Direct buried street light and traffic signal cables are generally located back of the curb or at the sidewalk. If you are excavating in or around these areas you need to contact Diggers Hotline so that city crews and other agencies can come out and mark the utilities before you begin your work. This would include the installation of a new curbside mailbox.