- You will receive written notice of the date and time of your hearing before the Board.
- You will be asked to provide a copy, before your hearing, of the documents you will be presenting to the Board during your hearing.
- If you submit an appraisal, the appraiser must be present at the hearing for follow-up questioning.
- You will have the opportunity to question the assessor.
- Per state statute, the assessed value is presumed to be correct; it is your responsibility to prove that the property is over-assessed in comparison with similar property in Wauwatosa. You should have considerable information that is relevant to the market value of your property. This may include a recent arm's length sale of your property, or recent sales of comparable properties
- The Wisconsin Department of Revenue has a Guide for Property Owners that contains more information.
- You may find the Board of Review Rules and Procedures helpful.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's office at (414) 479-8917 | Email
or the City Assessor's office at (414) 479-8969. | Email