The concept plan is a product of a unique collaboration among the City of Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, and the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) to develop a plan for the area around the Watertown Plank Road/Interstate 41 Interchange that balances environmental preservation with economic growth opportunities and quality of life issues. Link to Plan
Wauwatosa Life Sciences District Master Plan Concept FAQ
With so much interest in this draft plan, we want you to know what will happen next.
Presentation boards from the past two open houses can be viewed on the online town hall at http://wauwatosa.net/planningsurvey
. Additional information is also available, including public comment.
Questions regarding the plan or the planning process can be emailed to Paulette Enders, Development Director at
• All comments received by February 27 will be tabulated and analyzed.
• The City values the perspective of all citizens and appreciates their feedback which will be taken into consideration in the next draft of the plan.
• A third public Open House will be held in late March or April, date to be determined and publicized.
• After the third Open House, the following process will take place in order to adopt a Master Plan for the area:
1. A final draft Master Plan Proposal will be submitted to the Plan Commission, with an opportunity for public comment.
2. A public hearing with public comment will be held in front of the Common Council.
3. A Community Affairs meeting will be held, with an opportunity for public comment.
4. A Common Council meeting will be held where final adoption of the Master Plan will be considered.
Thank you for caring so deeply about Wauwatosa and for your participation in this process. Stay tuned.