How to Register
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be a resident of Wauwatosa for at least 28 consecutive days prior to an election
- You must be at least 18 years of age on Election Day
- Register at the City Clerk’s office Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; the office is open until 5:00 pm the Friday before an election (there is no in-person registration at the Clerk's office the day before an election)
Acceptable Proof of Residence
- Voters registering within 20 days of an election are required to provide proof of residence showing current name and current Wauwatosa address; a corroborating witness may no longer be used
- Register at the Wauwatosa Library in the evening and on weekends up to 20 days prior to an election
- Register by mail up to 20 days prior to an election
- First-time Wisconsin registrants registering by mail must also provide proof of residence showing current name and current Wauwatosa address
- Register at the polls on Election Day
- Election Day registration requires that you provide one proof of residence showing current name and current Wauwatosa address; a corroborating witness may no longer be used
- Download the registration form (GAB-131) from the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website
- Visit the State's MyVote website, https://myvote.wi.gov/, where you can fill out a registration form online; simply print it off, sign it, and return it to the City Clerk's office.
- Please note, electors are not required to register prior to each election. You only need to register if you have moved since the last election and have not registered from your new address, or have changed your name since the last election.
- Current and valid Wisconsin Driver’s license or Wisconsin identification card
- Current utility bill for a period not earlier than 90 days before an election (electronic copy is acceptable)
- Other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Current bank statement (electronic copy is acceptable)
- Current government check or payroll check
- Other official government document
- Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- Residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day (not for first-time voters registering by mail)
- A college, university or technical college identification card (with photo) and a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months
- Affidavit on public or private social service agency letterhead identifying a homeless voter and describing the individual's residence for voting purposes
Where do I vote?
Please call the City Clerk’s office at the number below to learn your voting location, or check at the State of Wisconsin’s MyVote
website. Your street address determines your voting location.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (414) 479-8921. | Email