Underwood and Woodland Avenues
Utility and street reconstruction is planned for Underwood and Woodland Avenues beginning in Spring 2018 through Thanksgiving. We plan to replace infrastructure that was originally installed between 1901 and 1922, including:
The road will be reconstructed and sidewalks, curbs, and street trees will be replaced as needed.
- storm sewer
- sewer main
- water main
- Prior to the start of work in late March, you can expect to see WE Energies continuing to work in the neighborhood on gas main relocation.
- Our Forestry Department will be trimming and removing trees beginning the week of February 19.
- Homeowners have been notified if a tree removal is occurring in front of their property. Tree removals are planned for diseased and declining trees at this time.
- Any tree removals that may be necessary for construction will occur after a contractor has been hired.
To learn more about this project, which is currently in design phase for 2018 construction, please view this YouTube video presentation by Senior Civil Engineer Maggie Anderson.
- January 24 - Design Open House
- Early February - Final Design Complete
- Mid-February - Project publicly bid for construction
- Early March - Project information meeting with residents, city, and contractor
- Late March - Construction begins
- November - Construction ends
- Spring 2019 - Final restoration
Contact Maggie Anderson, Senior Civil Engineer, at