The concept plan is a product of a unique collaboration among the City of Wauwatosa, Milwaukee County, and the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) to develop a plan for the area around the Watertown Plank Road/Interstate 41 Interchange that balances environmental preservation with economic growth opportunities and quality of life issues. Link to Plan
Wauwatosa Life Sciences District Master Plan Concept FAQ
With so much interest in this draft plan, we want you to know what will happen next.
Presentation boards from the past two open houses can be viewed on the online town hall at http://wauwatosa.net/planningsurvey
. Additional information is also available, including public comment.
April 6, 2017 Open House Power Point Presentation
Questions regarding the plan or the planning process can be emailed to Paulette Enders, Development Director at
• The City values the perspective of all citizens and appreciates their feedback which has been taken into consideration in the next draft of the plan.
• The following process will take place in order to adopt a Master Plan for the area (dates subject to change, please check back):
1. A Common Council Committee of the Whole will be held, in workshop format, with no public comment - May 2nd.
2. A final draft Master Plan Proposal will be submitted to the Plan Commission, with an opportunity for public comment - May 15th.
3. A second meeting of the Plan Commission will be held, with no public comment - May 22nd.
4. Introduction at Common Council, set public hearing date, no public comment - June 6th.
5. A public hearing with public comment will be held in front of the Common Council - July 18th.
6. A Common Council meeting will be held where final adoption of the Master Plan will be considered - August 1st.
Thank you for caring so deeply about Wauwatosa and for your participation in this process. Stay tuned.