• Once staging is complete, there will be notice of a State Street closure for the installation of a new manhole. Much of this work effort will be under the railroad track and through the park near the volleyball courts to a new storm water outfall in the Menomonee River.
• The west end of the Hart Park Lane will be closed to parking and will only have limited access during the three month construction window.
• The walking/bike path will be temporarily relocated through the parking area.
• Work on the installation of the new 42” storm sewer on the west side of 74th Street from Blanchard to State Street is expected to last three to four weeks.
• Work on St. James and east end of Blanchard is complete until the road work later this spring.
• This spring contractor will return to install curb, gutter, new road surface and repair sidewalks in St James, Blanchard and 74th St. At that time they will install new lighting as well.
• Keep an eye out for door hangers from MJ Construction. The door hangers will alert you to work near your property in the upcoming days.
• As a general rule, equipment with tires can be moved. If access is blocked, please make an effort to contact the construction crew and kindly ask for a piece of equipment to be temporarily moved to provide the necessary access.
• Plowing operations are coordinated between the City Department of Public Works and MJ Construction.
• All schedule projections are weather dependent and may require adjustments.
If you have immediate needs or concerns, please contact Justin Leszczynski of MJ Construction. Justin is the Project Manager overseeing all MJ crews and will be able to address concerns and/or coordinate access needs for a specific property. Justin’s phone number is 414.322.9251.
The City also has a Construction Manager overseeing the project with the city inspectors. Bob Warren’s
phone number is 414.416.7198.