The Drop-off Center is located at 11100 W. Walnut Rd. Enter Walnut Rd. off of N. 116th St. (Do not use the entrance from Mayfair Rd.)
Hours of Operation
- Beginning Saturday, January 2, 2016, the revised hours of operation are two days- Tuesdays- 7:30-4:00 p.m. and Saturdays- 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.ONLY!
- Beginning April 1, 2016 to August 31, 2016 summer hours will be on TUESDAYS from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m and SATURDAY from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. From September 1st to March 31st hours will be Tuesdays and Saturdays only from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The scale will be closed on Saturdays and open only on Tuesdays.
Deliveries of goods purchased by the City are accepted Monday through Friday, 7:00 am until 3:30 pm. The office is closed Sundays and holidays, and the Drop-Off Center is closed Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Revised Fee Structure and Rules ( beginning Saturday, January 2, 2016)
- $20 YARD WASTE ONLY PERMIT ( branches under 6 inches, leaves, no trees, garbage, recycling)
- Permit fees will be $5 per axle/ per vehicle, one-time only permit
- Example- A loaded pick-up and a one axle trailer would require two permits ($5 X 2 axles-$10)
, a loaded pick -up and two axle trailer would require three permits ($5 X 3 axles- $15)
How To Purchase A Permit Tag
- Box trucks, ladder trucks, trucks with commercial markings and other vehicles at the discretion of staff will be directed to use the scale ($55/ton). Keep in mind the scale is only open on Tuesdays.
- This permit is for household use only, not commercial, and is valid for the resident whose driver's license matches the address on the permit
- Normal fees for materials dropped off by residents or businesses also apply
- One permit covers one household
- A valid Wisconsin drivers license with a current Wauwatosa address is required to enter the Center or purchase a permit
- No refunds will be given for unused permits
- The City is not responsible for any lost permits
- NOW ACCEPTING ELECTRONIC WASTE: Tube, projection, LED, cabinet TVs and computer monitors are now accepted for $25 each. Fax machines, printers, scanners and towers are free. All hard-drives are removed and destroyed for security.
Permits can be purchased at the following locations:
|City of Wauwatosa
7725 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Monday-Friday- 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Cash and checks only
|Department of Public Works
11100 W. Walnut Rd.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Tuesday- 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.-Credit and debit cards, cash and checks(office)
Saturdays- 7:30- 4:00 p.m.- Cash and checks only(DPW office closed on Saturdays, yard office only)
| small amounts (less than a cubic yard) of residential clean fill (bricks, dirt, sod, concrete, sand, stone, etc.)
| residential garbage, including bulky furniture and carpeting
| recyclable items excluding appliances and tires (see fee structure)
| residential yard waste including brush, branches, leaves, and logs
| commercial yard waste and yard waste
| recyclable appliances, including televisions(NEW!-4/13/2015)
| automobile tires
| tires over 16 inches in diameter
For more information, please contact the Department of Public Works Operations Division at
(414) 471-8422. | Email