Allison L. Byrne
Alderwoman - District 6 (Elected 2014)
2368 N. 91st Street
Ph: (414) 531-2862
Allison L. Heffernan Byrne
MS, Ed. Pol. University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Worked on State Senate bill 22-2011 and Assembly bill 51-2011 regarding oversight for charter schools and Wisconsin’s national ranking.
- Authored Master’s level research papers on various issues in the Milwaukee education community, including the issue of teacher residency requirements, charter school authorizers, and ramifications of choice in public education.
- Individual research has included searching the Milwaukee city archives as well as personally interviewing and analyzing data from local journalist, MPS administration, an MPS school board member, as well as communications with several state senators and representatives.
- Authored a study on Latino Parental Involvement and worked with local principals to incorporate research into their schools.
Secondary Ed University of Missouri St. Louis, 3.9 GPA, 2001
BS, Social Work Marquette University, 1999
High School The Mary Louis Academy, Queens, NY, 1994
Teacher Divine Savior Holy Angels
- Provided my students purposeful learning experiences while maintaining order.
- Taught research methods appropriate for paper writing, including the use of proper grammar, citations, and the parameters of plagiarism.
- Taught English Literature, American Literature and other genres.
- Coached Speech and Debate using my personal experience having competed on the national level in Lincoln Douglass debate, as well as most other forensic categories.
The Office of Wauwatosa Mayor, Kathy Ehley
- Submitted a Grant for Sun Safety to the American Academy of Dermatology
- Submitted a recommendation for National Recognition of Dr. Nancy Kreuser
- General Project Assistant
The Office of Milwaukee Mayor, Tom Barrett
- Created organizational chart of the three chartering entities in the City of Milwaukee.
- Helped facilitate major education events under the city education manager.
Advocate Authored Court Reports for clients while interning and then working at the Milwaukee Public Defenders Office.
Client Service Specialist at the National Children’s Cancer Society
Parent Mother to Four Wauwatosa School Students