Careers and Employment
Minimum Requirements to become a Firefighter in the City of Wauwatosa
- Minimum of 18 Years of Age.
- High School Graduate. Associates Degree Preferred.
- Valid Unrestricted Wisconsin Driver's License.
- State of Wisconsin Certification of Firefighter Level 1.
- State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician License. Paramedic License Preferred.
- Current National Registry for EMT Basic or Paramedic.
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) dated no later than 1 year prior to conditional offer.
- Applicants Will Be Required to Certify that they Do Not Smoke Tobacco Products.
- If Veteran, Proof of Honorable Discharge.
- Excellent Moral Character and Highest Personal Integrity.
The Wauwatosa Fire Department currently has no openings. Please fill out the job interest card
by clicking here
and you will be notified when there is an opening.