The Wauwatosa Health Department administers a weatherization program for the replacement of original leaded windows and doors in Wauwatosa households. The U.S. Department on Housing and Urban Development (HUD) funds the program. The weatherization program funds the removal of leaded components in the home, which are found in properties built on or prior to 1978. A minimum of 5 households are accepted into the program each year.
- The home or business property must be located within the Wauwatosa city limits.
- Homeowner or business owner must meet low to moderate income guidelines as defined by the most current Housing and Urban Development (HUD) income levels based on household size.
- The applicant must currently own and currently reside at the property and/or operate a day care from the property.
- The home or business property must be built prior to 1978.
- The assessed value of the home must be ≤ $300,000.
- The home or business property must have at least one child <6 years old who resides at the property and/or who visits the property regularly, on at least two different days within any week (Sunday through Saturday period), provided that each day’s visit lasts at least 3 hours and the combined weekly visits last at least 6 hours. The combined annual visits must total at least 60 hours.
- The home or business property must contain some original door and window components.
- Homeowner or business owner must have a history of paying the most current property taxes to the City of Wauwatosa
For more information, please contact the Public Health Information and Referral Nurse at
(414) 479-8939. | Email