Click to Home
Go To Search
emergency alert off
What should I do if my sewer backs up?
First, call the Wauwatosa Department Public Works Operations Division at (414) 471-8422. City crews will usually respond within an hour of your call. If the City sewer line is plugged they will open it at no cost to you. If the City sewer line is open and flowing, and the obstruction is in your lateral or home plumbing, you will then be notified to call a licensed plumber at your cost to have it checked out and fixed.

Operations Division

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an additional refuse or recycling cart?
2. The snowplow damaged my mailbox. What can I do?
3. What should I do if my sewer backs up?
4. What should I do with my unused blue bags?
5. When does the city pickup Christmas trees?
6. Who do I call if there is a broken tree limb or other hazardous material obstructing traffic?

IntranetPortal | 7725 W. North Avenue | Wauwatosa, WI 53213 | Phone: (414) 479-8900 | Legal Notices | Privacy | Accessibility | Copyright Notice | Powered by CivicPlus